[RC] abcesses that take a long time to heal. - rides2far

Actually, clay is one of the most drying sorts of poultices I've ever
worked with.

Tell me about it. I teach Art. Starting Jan. 6 I'll be in my clay unit
and will be doing pottery 6 hours a day for about 3 weeks. My hands will
be bleeding at the knuckles by the 2nd week despit applying lotion every
15 min. or so (between pots). I am slowly getting better though. Already
getting ideas of custom pottery for awards if I ever put on another ride,
great way to buff up your forearms by the way. >g<

traditionally find that when they remove the
shoes, it> > takes about 4-5 months for the  damage of the hoofs to
make itself
fully> > seen/felt.

Wait a minute. Assuming my horse has on shoes and is *apparently* sound,
I can pull the shoes, let him go barefoot for 4-5 MONTHS and then when he
goes lame blame it on the shoes? Boy, how do they do double blind studies
to prove that?

Ridecamp is a good place to discuss various treatments, but you've got to
remember our mantra which isn't "Question Authority" it's "ALWAYS
Question ALL authority...even if it's the authority of those who are
questioning authority!" :-)) I wecome any statement anyone wants to make
if I can defend it in a thoughtful way. I realize you're stuck in the
middle trying to make your hoof care professional's argument for her. But
you've got to give us the option of sticking up for what we believe works
or has worked for us... otherwise there may be a reader out there who is
new, reads what your professional says and takes it as gospel since
nobody rebuts it. As it stands now, they see your idea, they see a
conflicting idea, and they can weigh it themselves which is good.

Angie