Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] Kids, ponies and distance riding... Get a grip people - Elite

    With SERA already having an age limit in place, does anyone not come to the SE to rides because of that?   Does anyone that is opposed to an age limit live in the SE and is going elsewhere to rides because of it?    I have never found it a topic of conversation at rides here but do see a few "little" good helpers around camp waiting their time to do rides.   I may be wrong, but I don't think riders here (SE) think much about the age limit, it's just the way it is.

Linda

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 12:26 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] Kids, ponies and distance riding... Get a grip people

This is very true - however, putting in place practical penalties for demonstrating one's stupidity or irresponsibility in ways that either endanger a child or cause havoc for other, more responsible riders: at least can have some kind of impact on the teachable. :)
as epr the very best teacher I ever had!
The point is, we can't legislate good parenting, or any type of "common" sense behavior. Once we start, where do we stop?