Re: [RC] [RC] Kids, ponies and distance riding... Get a grip people - Sisu West Ranch

Small riders, and galloping runaway horses are a normal trail hazard.  I can remember a number of times when my children were subjected to that.  The only difference was that it WAS NOT on an endurance ride.  I just made sure that they rode horses that had more sense than to run away.

By the way, strength does not stop a runaway horse.  I don't think any human is strong enough to stop a ruanaway by strength.  You stop a runaway horse by the use of proper technique.  All riders should be trained, by a good instructor, about how to guide and control a runaway, or safely bail out, before being let out on the trail.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875