[RC] vehicle security - Dawn Simas

<<Had a friend that had everything taken from her truck when out riding at Lake  Oraville.   Somebody should hide out with a couple Rots or a 9mm and wait for these scum sucking parasites to try again.  >>

My security system on my truck is my Rottweiler.  He can't keep up to ride with me, but would much rather go wait in the truck at the trailhead than wait in the house at home.  And I never bring valuables when using trailheads now, this is becoming more and more of a problem.  We're an easy target, the punks just wait and see who rides off and knows that they have plenty of time to break in safely.  I only take my ID and a gas card when I leave the house and those are in my pocket, keys to the rig in a saddle bag.  Nothing in the truck but a mean-looking dog.  :)

Back to cougars...like someone said, much more to fear from two legged predators.  Nice to have that pepperspray handy in case you surprise them when you come back...

Dawn