Re: [RC] Break-ins & thefts at Auburn Overlook, Rattlesnake Bar& Sterling Point - Truman Prevatt

I was at an quick lube place with my car one time. They opened the door get the mileage and of course the keys were in it. The guy accidently hit the lock button and shut the door - hence locking the keys in. He said no problem, went in the back and got the correct tool for that model, slid it down beside the window and had the door open quicker than I could have done with the keys.

They can chip them to keep them from starting it without the proper key, but as of yet they haven't chipped the door locks.

Truman

sherman wrote:
The vehicles were locked. No broken windows. I was trying to find out all the details when my friend had to leave our phone conversation quickly. She?did say that?they had broken in through the keyhole. So I wonder if there is some tool that can get into the keyhole (my son says yes, there are lots of tools you can buy to break into cars!). That?friend had keyless entry & the thief left her vehicle unlocked. The other friend's vehicle was actually relocked by the crook! So, she did not suspect a thing until she got home to Woodland. They must've gotten interrupted before they could get to my truck. I was parked between them. I do wonder how many others were victimized that day.
Kathy
?

--
“Fragile as reason is and limited as law is as the institutionalised medium of reason, that's all we have between us and the t

“Fragile as reason is and limited as law is as the institutionalised medium of reason, that's all we have between us and the tyranny of mere will and the cruelty of unbridled, undisciplined feelings.” ?Felix Frankfurter??

?