Re: [RC] Break-ins & thefts at Auburn Overlook, Rattlesnake Bar & Sterling Point - Mary Ann Spencer

Any more specifics about how they entered?  ie broken windows vs unlocked vehicles?   Most of us leave our wallets, etc, in the vehicle but hidden.  The keyless entry for my truck has been great so I don't have to keep keys on me but I hide the keys.  I confess I am also guilty of leaving keys in my horse trailer at my boarding place while I go out riding.   Too bad there are dishonest people in the world.  ALTHOUGH, they would do well in IRAQ where anything left out that is interesting to them, is taken by local civilian workers.   mas
----- Original Message -----
From: sherman
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2004 1:50 AM
Subject: [RC] Break-ins & thefts at Auburn Overlook, Rattlesnake Bar & Sterling Point

Since this area is used by many endurance riders, it's time to remind everyone not to leave valuables in your vehicle. Saturday, between 11am & 3pm, my two friends had their rigs broken into & purses & personal items stolen from their vehicles. We knew of  this happening at Sterling Point over the past few years, and Rattlesnake Bar, more recently. Those areas are a bit isolated so it's not too surprising (but very disappointing) about the thefts there. I'd never heard of any at the Overlook before. The area was full of rigs, and there were hikers using the area as well, so it was quite a surprise. For unknown reason, the theives even took an appointment book. No monetary value, but valuable information only to the owner!

Kathy
Grass Valley, CA