Re: [RC] questions on Reactor Panel - Karen Sullivan

Hi Sylvia and all.....appreciate the RP comments....and all

Sylvia, I have been saying for years that the standard SS stirrup position is too far forward....even in
the standard endurance model.  Both my endurance and training models have the stirrups set very far
back-just about as far as the company can do it. I always look at photos of me on my horses to check
heel position.

Interesting yesterday in what I have having to do to make my endurance model work on my mare....First it
fit in the front under the SIDES of the pommel with lots of room for the shoulder to rotate back and under the
front of the saddle.....but it was sitting on top of the withers.  I just cannot see that. So, since I did like the
saddle otherwise...I had the front part slit back under the pommel, like an English cutback.  This fixed THAT
problem, except now the saddle settled down to where it should have been and was slightly too tight through
the shoulders.  I had it on the mare yesterday,no pad, cinched up with my daughter in the saddle.  Then the
cutback part was on top of the withers where  the slit came together.....aaarrrrgg.......  Next try was the skito
pad with top shim and very thick on either side of the spine (to create a sort of channel or gullet).  Rode in that.
Good news is I could slip hand under pommel way back and feel no contact at all with top of withers......at
sides under base of pommel a bit snugger than I would like, but sort of okay.......this all should make sense to
Sport saddle owners.

BTW, I have been checking every sport saddle my friends have for wither clearence and fit at base of pommel. I
am finding some that seem just fine for both, have found one sititng right on top of withers.and one way too tight
in pommel

But 2 hour ride in saddle in that particular pad......I was sore, saddle felt way too wide (no twist), keep in mind
I have been riding these for over 10 years no problems......

So, saddle sort of works...but I am thinking of it more as now back-up saddle, hence search for something better....
Karen