Re: [RC] Mary Kathryn Clark 10 year old 100 miler. - Truman Prevatt

Yes she did, and she spend a lot of time waiting while ride management and mother looked for sponsors for her the last half. As usual Nancy Gooch - the world's greatest timer - was right in the middle because she knew where everyone was (in both 50 and 100) so she could point to people that could take her back out. She finished in about 23 hours. She had a right to be tired!

Truman

Marv Walker wrote:
I don't have all the details yet but 10 year old Mary Kathryn Clark
of Eatonton, GA completed a 100 miler in Florida this weekend.
Her mother had to pull out at 40 miles and make all kinds of
promises to folks to get them to sponsor MK through the rest of
the ride but she made it.

--
“Fragile as reason is and limited as law is as the institutionalised medium of reason, that's all we have between us and the t

“Fragile as reason is and limited as law is as the institutionalised medium of reason, that's all we have between us and the tyranny of mere will and the cruelty of unbridled, undisciplined feelings.”  Felix Frankfurter