[RC] Kids and Riding - Liability? - Ibiteraaarr

I have a question on this thread. I haven't read each and every response about this topic so I apologize if someone else posted something on it.

As far as letting small children ride (or not), would AERC be responsible and possibly sued if something were to happen? Would the organization be responsible legally if there was an incident, God forbid? I know each person must sign a waiver, but in this day and age, sometimes that just isn't enough to hold up in court. What about the ride manager? How would that person be affected? Would it be possible to let the ride manager decide on a per-ride basis if they want an age restriction? What about the intensity of some trails? Some of them are harder and more difficult and more dangerous then others? Would you still allow all ages on these types of terrain? I'm just curious what the concessus is on this? Are these factors weighing in (or would weigh in) on a decision or vote whether or not to enact a rule?

Liz Dorner
Ct. Region