Re: [RC] a vet perspective and a nutural horse foot perspective - Jillcohndc

Homeopathic remedies are not herbs.  They can cure infection deep in tissue, even bone tissue.  Homeopathy is a very complex, difficult science.  The amazing part about it is it DOES NO HARM.  If you don't get a result it only means you used the wrong remedy/didn't take the case right, so you try the next remedy on your list.  It's also very inexpensive.  As I may have posted before: I've had a 4" nail in one of my mare's hooves on two separate occasions, once with a fistula (the pus escaping from a "vent" further up, near the pastern) and, in both cases I gave her the proscribed remedy and was riding her, she in good spirits, fully recovered in 3--5 days.  Didn't have to take any kind of weird precautions with the diapers and duct tape.  I know this sounds strange to you all, but I've used this method on my child since birth (she's now 17) and it's the best.  It's a 200 year old system discovered in Germany by Samuel Hahnemann.  All the US Med schools were actually schools of Homeopathy before the AMA was founded by the Pharmaceutical Companies in the 1920's with the express purpose of wiping out Homeopathy for the pharm companies vested interests.  Can't patent the stuff: it 's all from nature.  You can study it your whole life and still have lots to learn and be filled with frustration, but it is totally fascinating.  Get this book from Amazon:  The treatment of Horses by Homeopathy by Macleod, a British DVM.  It's a great start.  You can buy what's called "the common or large remedies" at your local health food store.  They're in the Boiron Blue tubes.  If a remedy's more obscure order it from www.Hahnemannpharmacy.com online.  It's like $5 a tube and you can't harm with it and each remedy has a spectrum of uses and will last through many "event's."
    A couple of years ago one mare was lying on her side in her run-in shed with her tongue on the ground covered with flies.  I put some Aconitum Napellitum, 30C potency, on her tongue and within  5 mins she was on her feet.  Called the vet and administered it twice more--every 15 mins.  Waited in the car for the vet as it was cold.  When he arrived I threw open the window to show him and she poked her head out with a mouthful of hay, obviously having fully recovered.  It's a fabulous tool for all living animals.  I've taken a year's course and studied on my own for 20 years but there are courses online and you can just "cookbook" it because it DOES NO HARM.
    Hope this information can be of help to someone who's open to it.
    Jill Cohn, DC, in Berkeley, CA