[RC] The Ridecamp Oath (as requested:) - John Teeter

The Ridecamp Oath - by Angie McGhee

http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/oath.html

I promise not to sound far more intelligent in print than I am in person, thus
leading people to think my advice is worth far more than it is.

I promise to address the original question posted, not turn it around to fit
some campaign I'm on.

I promise to delete "Ridecamp" from the address box when I post, "me too" to the sender.

I promise to avoid bringing up "too hot to hold" topics like, "Is 25 miles
endurance?" "Should AERC charge families more?" and "Are weight divisions fair?" Under
penalty of death.

I promise to make a permanent copy of Susan E. Garlinghouse's recommendations
on feeding beet pulp and save that woman's fingers from typing it all out for
every individual member on the list.

I promise not to add everyone else to my dirty joke list.

I promise not to talk condescendingly to another ridecamper as if I am the
authority on all matters, since obviously the "authorities on all matters" prefer
to lurk, and by posting in the first place I am admitting my ignorance.

I promise that if Julie Suhr ever "de-lurks" I will admit that "The Master Has Spoken"
and she is the final authority.

If a new subscriber asks a question which has been re-hashed 100 times, someone
experienced post to ridecamp: "I'll take this one" and answer them.

If someone asks if a particular saddle, breed, body type, etc. is appropriate, I
will not tell them,"Yes! That's what I use" and then forget to tell them I've just
joined this list and never really ridden farther than 10 miles.

I will be free with my praise. I will send a "good one" note to those who deserve it.

I promise to always question all authority...and advice. I will think for myself.

I will share knowledge.

I will not attack others who share knowledge which I consider "misinformation" I will
imply inform them of my personal experiences in the matter.

I will ride my horse often to keep my panties from becoming wadded.

If Steph requests that we not discuss a matter, I will not simply post why I believe
it IS appropriate, and continue to discuss it. I will be a good guest at STEPH'S site
and honor her request.

I will not comment on the running of AERC unless I am an AERC member.

I will not leave an entire previous post on my "reply" simply to reply to one line. I will
delete all but the pertinent material.

When and if I am ready to un-subscribe, I will NOT send a note to ridecamp trying
to do it. I will READ the directions.