Re: [RC] Kids, ponies and distance riding - Merryben

I took my little friend Larrissa on her first 50 on her pony Star.  I think he was supposed to be Arab/Welch but he was definitely a little pony.  She went on to become AERC junior champion when she was 11, doing something like 22 rides that year.  She still loves horses but at 29 with a child herself has not ridden much.

The other juniors I took were older.  Heather Reynolds was 11, her sister Holly was 9 or so.  Megan Chamberlin was 9 and so was Stephanie.  Megan's sister, Breanna, was about 10 or so.  Megan rode a 50 miler with Heather this year and had a great time.  Unfortunately most of the girls I started with just don't have the time or money for horses now.  Then there is Heather, but she is another story...mb (you either have the horse gene or you don't)