[RC] Trainer recommendations - Western Michigan - Karen Casemier

I'm looking for a good, trustworthy "all-around" type of trainer for my young QH gelding, someone with experience starting young horses (the horse is well started, but needs some finishing). The horse is not having particular problems, his owner is ;>) We are just working through some typical greenie issues, and due to an increasingly demanding work schedule and some issues with my other horse, I am having a hard time finding the time to give him the consistent work schedule he needs right now.

I live SE of Grand Rapids, MI. My husband attends school at MSU (East Lansing), so somewhere around either of those areas is necessary. I do not need to see the horse every day, but would like to work with the trainer at least once a week so I can correctly carry on the horse's training when he returns.

It is so hard to find a professional you can trust. I've heard so many horror stories of horses being sent out for training and returning home with all kinds of new issues. That is why I am asking for personal recommendations (and if you specifically know of trainers I should avoid, please let me know that as well).

You can e-mail me directly if you have any suggestions at kcrazzmatazz at hotmail dot com. Thanks!