To: <rainbow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2004 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Tie Ups

Well in my case I started the ride with a well warmed up horse , walked
and  jog trotted for about 1/8th of a mile on a gravel road then stopped
with  about 6 other riders as one rider had to get off of her horse
because of a  stirrup problem , we then continued on for about another
1/2 mile and turned  up a sandy wash again at about a 6 mile an hour
pace ,

Drin, JMHO, but I have a hunch the climb up the sandy wash is a factor here. That is a BRUTAL stress at the beginning of the ride, but even when one tries to go up it slowly, the horses feel good and are eager. Just a thought, while casting around to think of what at this specific ride could have been a factor to make not one but TWO horses tie up in the early miles...

Heidi