[RC] if only I can catch him - Paul Bendzunas

A lot of good advice out there, sometimes it takes a lot of time and patience. Thought I'd toss in my experiance with Windy an abused mare we got ten years ago. Whenever you aproached her in the pasture she would walk away, if you followed she would run.I finally figured out you could get within 10-12 feet of her and she still felt safe, then I'd walk away. Next I'd take that extra step and she'd take off but again I'd walk away. Finally I'd take a step,stop she'd take a step, stop and look at me like "are you going to chase me" then I'd calmly walk up and put a halter on her. To this day you can't walk directly up to her, she has to feel like she can walk away without being chased.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com