[RC] Back up and running...well, riding anyway! - Suzi Maiorisi

Just a note to all who posted to me while I was recovering from being spayed and subsequent second surgery- thank you ALL so very much for your kind words, encouragement, and even those that didn't post to me personally, for keeping the topics interesting and fun on RC.  I had previously been reading on 'HysterSisters' website about the seemingly forever recovery for some people and found myself getting further and further in a deep dark hole - so...shift gears back to RC and let the fun begin!

We've done a few little rides the last few weeks (before the torrential rains that invaded S. Texas before Thanksgiving), a trip to Canyon Lake a few weeks ago and a few hours here down the road last weekend (missing the ride at Bandera, neither she nor I are quite ready for a 'real' ride yet, but it's not far off!)  I took her to Parrie Haynes, a 4700 acre ranch run by TxPWD, yesterday and had THE most wonderful ride I've had since Whirling Windmill.  The shoer came to put shoes on her yesterday morning and she was SLEEPING while he put her shoes on...hmmm...she's quite relaxed today...good day to ride!

Got up there, there were a few other trailers there but no people in site...this is gonna be a REALLY good day Smiley emoticon  Got out on the trails, there's water everywhere still running down the trails even though there hasn't been rain for over a week (yep, we got LOTS of rain last month!) so the creeks were higher than normal - nothing dramatic, but still challenging, maybe knee deep and moving fast.  She trotted like none other yesterday - there was a time when she just let loose and got low to the ground and was just cruising...I've had her at an extended trot (so I thought!) before, but nothing like whatever this was.  Wish I had a video of whatever it was because it was incredibly smooth and so fast she could have kept up with another horse at a gallop, forget lope!  She was so relaxed out there, moving out without being on red alert the entire time (as usual!), just going down the trail.  Even got back to camp a little early so I decided to take off another direction and she was still ready to go and when I decided to turn around and go back she didn't want to...there's a first!

Thanks again to everyone...I'm back in the saddle and can't wait for High Roller in January and with any luck our first completion - we won't be overtime this time!!
Suzi and Holly