RE: [RC] Bob Marshall Endurance Saddles - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Linda kepsake@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My thoughts on the treeless saddle:

I ride in a BM treeless and love it.  I am 5'4", 130 lbs. My horse is kind of
long backed, has decent wither, and is a qtr arab cross, so I deal with a
broad, well-muscled topline.

I rode in a Wintec all purpose for two years, but when I figured out I was
creating white patches (had been hard to tell, for my guy is grey and the white
had to show in his skin- he had to be wet for me to see it), I knew I had to do
something immediately.  Being a poor schoolteacher, I do not have the finances
to invest in multiple different saddles trying to find the "perfect fit" and I
wanted to keep riding.  The treeless seemed the way to go, for it was
affordable and was an "easy fix."

I have no problems with sore backs- Shenn and I did almost 400 miles this year
in the new saddle and I can feel his every move underneath me.  I have heard
many theories about sore backs, decreased air flow to the spine, long thighed
people having problems with leg contact, etc. related to these saddles.  What I
have researched is that some heavyweight riders have backsoreness trouble, or
others who do not ride centered might have this problem.  Also, the saddle,
because it does not have a gullet, does not sit up off of the spine like other
saddles.  The Skito pad is made to help this.  As I said before, I have
thoroughly enjoyed and appreciate my treeless saddle.  It made for an easy fit
and I dont have to worry about my horse's back changing shape and the saddle
suddenly having pressure points.  I do admit, though, that I am a lightweight,
ride on a horse with plenty of back muscle, and I am short enough to have
plenty of leg contact.

I would definitely try a friend's saddle or a demo before buying, as with any
saddle.

Good luck and Happy Trails!
Linda Joyner
AERC # M20425