From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Alice Yovich
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 3:18 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] Patent law- if it isn't your idea

I have had one of his bitless bridles and I ended up reselling it b/c it was not working for my horse.  I have wondered though if he can stop others from selling theirs b/c every catalog has one and they are a little different. I'm thinking that the idea can't be patented, but the name can be. Of course, i'm not an attorney and don't KNOW. I'm just thinking about the guy who sells a bridle who says he's not affiliated with Dr. Cook and Dr. Cook's website had the same disclaimer about the other guy. Something about Spirit horse.