Re: [RC] Went Shopping!! - Born Country

I found a large plastic barrell to carry water for my
horses.  I drilled a hole in the bottom and put a
spigot in, then attached a garden hose long enough to
go to the end of the pick-up bed and hang off the
side.  Turn the spigot on and gravity does the rest.
Cheap, clean and easy!  I easily have enough water for
several days.

Esther and Chagalle
--- Elite <elite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    After trying to haul water at Gator Run in a 50
gal. barrel that we had to sit upright to fill and
lay down to use all weekend, I went shopping for a
water tank yesterday.   Ended up  getting 150 gallon
tank for the truck bed.
But the funny story is ....   I went into the local
Northern Tool store in the middle of the day.  The
only customers were guys obviously picking up tools
for work.  There were several employees standing
around (most middle aged, knowledgeable types) and
it was kind of obvious that when they saw a 5ft
woman walk in that they weren't really interested in
helping, so they kind of walked away.   I'm sure
they thought I was there to buy a screwdriver and
they were going to have to be the one to explain to
me the differences in the two.   Oh well...   There
was one young guy that looked more like he should
have been in a computer store and he walked right up
and asked if he could help me.  I'm sure I heard a
sigh of relief from the "tool guys".   I told him
the tank I was there for and he went to the back to
bring it up for me.  While he was gone I started
looking at the generators.  I knew what we wanted
but thought they were out of stock (had been for
several months), but there was one... the prized
Honda EU3000.  The helpful salesman came back and
when I asked he said that that's the first one they
had had in in months because of the hurricanes last
fall.   So I told him I would take that too!   The
real satisfaction is not having our dream generator,
but watching those guys faces when I pulled the
dually up to the front of the store and the
"computer guy" and his young helper loaded up the
water tank and generator.   I thanked him and told
him what a good job he had done and hoped that he
was working on commission.   He said "YES, we do!"
That explains the look on the salesman's faces.    I
bet they won't ignore the next woman coming in there
(or maybe they'll just check out what she's
driving).   LOL....

Linda

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/