[RC] Went Shopping!! - Elite

    After trying to haul water at Gator Run in a 50 gal. barrel that we had to sit upright to fill and lay down to use all weekend, I went shopping for a water tank yesterday.   Ended up  getting 150 gallon tank for the truck bed.
But the funny story is ....   I went into the local Northern Tool store in the middle of the day.  The only customers were guys obviously picking up tools for work.  There were several employees standing around (most middle aged, knowledgeable types) and it was kind of obvious that when they saw a 5ft woman walk in that they weren't really interested in helping, so they kind of walked away.   I'm sure they thought I was there to buy a screwdriver and they were going to have to be the one to explain to me the differences in the two.   Oh well...   There was one young guy that looked more like he should have been in a computer store and he walked right up and asked if he could help me.  I'm sure I heard a sigh of relief from the "tool guys".   I told him the tank I was there for and he went to the back to bring it up for me.  While he was gone I started looking at the generators.  I knew what we wanted but thought they were out of stock (had been for several months), but there was one... the prized Honda EU3000.  The helpful salesman came back and when I asked he said that that's the first one they had had in in months because of the hurricanes last fall.   So I told him I would take that too!   The real satisfaction is not having our dream generator, but watching those guys faces when I pulled the dually up to the front of the store and the "computer guy" and his young helper loaded up the water tank and generator.   I thanked him and told him what a good job he had done and hoped that he was working on commission.   He said "YES, we do!"   That explains the look on the salesman's faces.    I bet they won't ignore the next woman coming in there (or maybe they'll just check out what she's driving).   LOL....

Linda