[RC] Hugo the Mule - Merlichanderson

I am paraphrasing this out of what I think is a Port Angeles Wash. paper off a
clipping my uncle sent me. I have tried to send this to ridecamp on a scanned
attachment but it has been rejected as too big.  The title is "One of the
toughest mules around dies, 38"  Hugo and his owner Eva Tayor won the Haggin
Cup a Tevis in 1974, finishing 6th.  He was one of only two mules to ever win
the cup since 1964.   In 1976 he and his mate Sugar took Eva Taylor on the
Great American Horse Race of 1976 from Schenectady NY to Sacramento CA.  This
was a 3000 mile 100 day affair.   Hugo went lame at some point on the ride but
Eva Tayor completed the ride on Sugar and finished 10th out of more than 200
entrants.  Eva Taylor died in 1992 but Sugar lives on in retirement at 36 years
of age in a pasture in Discovery Bay WA, reports Eva's husband.  The 1976 3000
mile ride was won by Virl Norton who rode two mules also.  There is a book out
that covers this race that is very interesting.   Anyway, I thought this was
worthy of a post, sorry I could not get the article to go.

Max

buç??¬jÇ«¾'¡ñ'vêÚ?Ç?zØm¶?ÿÃ?Û«jw?ëH?ú+?«b¢sè?'2+?¨¦z¸m¶?ÿÃ
?Û«jw?ëF'^q©©Jæìr¸?{õ'²æìr¸?zm§ÿðçvêÚ?ǧzßë?×?jj??(?«)F'^.?àjwQ?×?i÷