Re: [RC] Stallions calling - one more dog point - Magnumsmom

Exactly.  I totally agree that no horse needs to be poorly
behaved.  It was just an example.  The worst behaved
horses I've come in contact with at rides have been
geldings.  All the poor behavior I've personally come in
contact with at rides was due to the owner.  That's just
my experiences.

Then again, all the well behaved horses I've come in
contact with at rides have been due to the owner too!
:)  :)  :)

It also occured to me later that just because someone is
traveling alone to a ride, that doesn't mean they have a
right to bring a dog when the entry says dogs are not allowed.

I'd love to bring my well behaved geldings to an obedience
trial.  I think it would be a fair distraction.  Of course that's
because my old obedience trial dog ignored everything but
me when she was working.  She was a good dog.  But even
though she was a well bred sheltie she pulled stuff once in a
while that I would have sworn she wouldn't even think of.

And after she came too close to being hit by a car (I was a
kid... kids know everything, right?) she was never off leash
again irregardless of her training.

Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM
"Buffy", UD  1971 - 1987