From: heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 10:38 PM
To: jonesbjo@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: vanhove@xxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] to Jonni -re archives and barefoot

Excuse me, but have you ever seen a thermograph of a shod foot and leg
as compared to one without a shoe?

Yes, ma'am, I have.  And have seen and performed a heckuva lot of other
diagnostic procedures on both shod hooves and unshod hooves.

Excuse me, but have YOU ever followed a ride vet around a few hundred
endurance rides, and checked out feet on a few thousand endurance horses?
(Or followed ANY vet around ANYWHERE doing anything with feet??)  Have you
ever checked out the damaged suspensories on those allegedly "sound"
barefoot horses that are so sore that they shift from foot to foot and
don't limp only because all four hurt equally badly?  Have you ever
followed the careers of horses that have been properly shod, for years,
and years, and years, only to die of old age with NO hoof pathology??
Have you ever dissected hooves of cadaver horses, or even watched someone
else do it?  Enough times to make a comparison??  Check it out.

As I stated in my previous post, perhaps you ought to try doing something
painful to a shod hoof and see just how numb it is.  I didn't say it in my
last post, but since you persist, I'll say it in this one--with luck, when
the horse kicks you from here into tomorrow, he will hit you somewhere
that will make enough of an impression that you won't make assinine
comments again with regard to shod hooves being numb.

Heidi