Re: [RC] Riding Alone and Safety - RunRoskoRun

In a message dated 1/27/2004 12:14:59 PM Pacific Standard Time, guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I too ride along alot and was talking to a search and rescue person the other day.  She suggested carrying a blue light, I was thinking at night but if you get dumped during the day I guess they could see that too.  She said they can see blue lights well from a plane  and I guess you could from the ground too.  That and a  whistle. Of course, that is assuming you are conscious.  I understand that you can get blue lights at outdoor stores. If anyone looks into this let us know.

For daytime signaling just carry one of those free AOL CDs that come in the little metal tin.  Makes a nice signal mirror, but keep it in the package so if you do take a tumble it doesn't break and cut you.

abigail