Subject: Re: [RC] Dogs in RC - Linda Guidry

Hello,

I have not yet attended one of these rides but I may want to bring my dog
when I do. My dog is trained and titled in obedience and wears a training
collar when we ride. This leaves me total control of where he goes, how far
away etc, without the worry of a line of any sort. My dogs are used to their
crates and will stay in them just fine when I am not able to be around to
watch them. I would not allow my dog to be loose in a camp if I was not
willing to watch him every second to be sure he was not bothered or did not
bother anyone else. I have allot of time and money invested in my dogs. I am
sorry that there are a few people that will ruin it for me before I even get
a chance. Just because they do not take control of their animals. That is
why dogs are not allowed to go anywhere anymore. So, if you want to bring
your dog loose, you HAVE to take the responsibility to keep your dog away
from other people and horses somehow. If you do not, none of us will be able
to bring our dogs. You HAVE to take the time to train your dog to listen,
and you HAVE to take the time to watch it's every move or you will loose the
right to have them at all. It doesn't sound to me like these people care
much for their dogs. They allow them to run freely where they may get hurt?
Or hurt someone else? I think it's called respecting another human beings
rights to not wanting your dog bothering them or their belongings. It is
just plain rude to let your dog do these things. I would not take it lightly
if another "loose" dog came into my space and harassed my dog who was tied
up. I don't care if it was in the "dog allowed" area. It goes back to
rudeness and ignorance.

I'll get off my soap box now. This is a delicate subject with me as a
responsible dog owner, many of my rights are being taken away because of
ignorance. And people that own dogs that shouldn't. I would think that other
animal owners/trainers like you need to be to do these endurance rides,
would understand this. I am surprised that some do not.

Linda

http://www.finographics.com/forum/
http://www.finographics.com/schutzhund/