[RC] FW: [RC] [RC] Barefoot at Gator Run - Brenda Jo Jones

Terry:

Did you go to the website http://hoofarmor.com/ and read the instructions there?  They are very helpful with good photos.  The HoofArmor takes about 12 hours to really set up.  It does not really ever harden as it continues to be flexible; it cures, so to speak.  I usually have Electrico’s feet done after I have ridden for the day or on a day when I am not going to ride that day so that the HoofArmor has time to cure.

You realize that the HoofArmor is applied in a very thin coating?  We put it on the entire bottom of the hoof except the frog.  It also goes just slightly up onto the hoof wall from the bottom of the hoof.  This really prevents chipping.

The heat gun that my farrier uses is a Makita variable heat gun.  He has it set at 225 degrees Fahrenheit.  It is a very quiet gun and my gelding has no problem with it.  A regular hair dryer is 180-190 degrees Fahrenheit.  I am not sure of their cost, but if your farrier does several horses, it would certainly be worth the investment.

Hope this helps!!  Sorry for any delay, but work has been all consuming.

I would be more than happy to answer any other questions you might have.

Best, Brenda Jo