Re: [RC] [RC-Digest]thanks! - Alice Yovich

I was just the same as you...I always rode english, started dressage. I have a western saddle, but only used it when my daughter was little and I use to ride her with me tandem.

I got a bob marshall and I was in heaven. Only, my horse wasn't. I had sold my dressage saddle b/c I thought i had THE answer, so I just recently bought a new english saddle (it isn't here yet) I've been riding western. At the first of the ride I think this is OK, but by the end of 15 miles I'm miserable. Part of it is that the stirrups aren't right (too long, have to take them to shop to be shortened more) my knees hurt (bought turners that made the stirrups too long and catch my ankles) feet go numb (not sure what that's about)  But my horse is happy.

I really hope that I can get this dressage saddle to work. I DON"T wnat to contemplate riding farther in a western saddle.