Re: [RC] [RC] Just curious about LD's entry price - Susan, Princess of Pink

My ride vets charge a flat fee per day.  During the day, they'll vet whomever comes along...LD or endurance.  I've also had a fund raiser ride incorporated into my ride (St Jude) and my vets will check those horses as well.  I've not ridden everywhere but have ridden many different rides in several regions.  I've not seen a ride where a vet ONLY vets one distance.  Now, one vet will judge all the horses standing for best condition in one distance but during the ride itself, (s)he will check any horse going any distance.

Rest assured the vets do NOT make the money at endurance rides they could be making at home in their practice.  My vets are doing this for the love of the sport...and my cooking.  (OK...I made that last bit up.)

SandyDSA@xxxxxxx wrote:
Another aspect of curiosity - so....the vets who work the rides command the same fee if they work 25 or 50 miles? Is it a daily rate so that if a ride has say 4 vets, they are all paid by the day even if they only vet the 25? Just wondering - a new rider asked me about the vets, the arrangements etc and I didn't know.

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)