RE: [RC] [RC] Just curious about LD's entry price - Susan, Princess of Pink

Jody,

I, too, am a ride manager (Cherokee Challenge, Central Region).  As Nancy has pointed out, the LD riders get the same awards as the endurance riders so they have to pay their way too.

I feel it's important to encourage the LD rider with nice awards and praise.  Some riders choose to ride LD the rest of their careers for whatever reason while others are working their way up to the endurance rides.  It's no skin off my nose to encourage ALL my riders with as nice awards as I can afford.  However, the LD riders will have to help pay that cost.

In truth, there is very little cost associated with the miles ridden.  My ride takes place on a state and federally funded wildlife management area.  So, it cost me the same whether you ride the 25 or the 50-mile ride...nothing.  The cost I incur is per rider independent of the distance ridden.  Therefore, I've got to charge just about the same.

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)