Re: [RC] Just curious about LD's entry price - Merryben

In a message dated 12/1/2004 7:00:36 PM Central Standard Time, dragnin100@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I am just not familiar with the current pricing.  A long time ago, back in the 70's and 80's, if I remember right, they were usually around half of the price of the 50.  I mean it is half the distance, half the fun, should it not be half the price?  Do you people out there that ride only LD feel like that is fair?
Most of the rides I work and help manage charge $5 less for LD.  The reason is that per rider it costs us the same for 50's or LD.  There is one less vet check usually but we have to hire extra vets for the LD, depending on the configuration of the trail.  Also we have the same dinner and the same awards as for the longer rides.....mb