Re: [RC] Mustangs - Doubledal

In a message dated 12/1/2004 9:37:23 AM Central Standard Time, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

So, if they are crippled, rank, or otherwise unsuitable for adoption, they
should be held in holding pens until they are 10 years old?

Not at all.  If it is obvious that an animal is suffering, I'd be the first to say that they should not be subjected to a miserable life.  My problem with this bill is that the language is not specific.  Let's face it, when dealing with a government run organization, the cheapest option is frequently the first one chosen.  I've met a lot of BLM employees who care very much for these horses, but when pressure comes from higher up to cut costs, who's to say that only the crippled and rank horses will be the only ones sent to auction?

Karen N.