[RC] A great ride!-Bonita Turkey Trot - cynthia hamberg

From: Vicki Warner <ok9korral@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Nov 30, 2004 7:05 PM
To: cynthia hamberg <creativitee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Dave@xxxxxxxx
Subject: A great ride!

Hi Dr. Cynthia & Dave;
We just arrived back in cold Prescott AZ. from a successful trip!
You guys pulled off a great ride.  Things went pretty dang smooth for those I
talked with and myself.  What ride functions on time?  Hmmm, let's see - The
Turkey Trot!  Good job Dr. Cynthia!  The volunteers were super helpful and some
of the best I've ever had the pleasure to meet up with.  The camping was beyond
the best we've ever had on any ride.  The Vet's were super friendly.  (If you
have their names/address's I'd send a thank you.)  (I rode some End. - a lot of
rides were not sanctioned back then, and could be pretty crazy - in the
70's/early 80's, and never, ever, have I been to a nicer controlled start than
this ride.)  Many riders commented on the great, slow paced start.
I rode with different groups/individuals and thanks to the maps (ALL 3 of
them!, Including the Topo map) when unsure of trail, hey, we chose correctly!
Trail Master Dave's pre-ride descriptions made sense at the appropriate times.
And, Thanks for the great Vet check spot and hold spot!
At least 5 riders said to me they wished they had entered the AHA ride, and
planned to do so next year.  With more advertising there will probably be even
more.
We stayed through Sunday night before starting the Endurance Drive home, and
having been involved with many horse group campouts, figured it wouldn't be a
bad idea to check over the campsites after most everybody left.  The Rangers
voiced their pleasure in how clean over-all the camp sites had been left! (oh,
a few exceptions...)  I helped with what I could until after dinner Sun. and
they had locked up the wheelbarrows, shovels and rakes!  It had been mentioned
that the sites they were most concerned with were the ones without corrals
since they had campers coming in at 2:00 Sun.  They were right, those did need
extra cleaning.  It was like the Indie 500 as soon as they opened the camp!
Kinda impressive & scary for us hicks!
A few of us have already reserved sites for Wed. (and Sun. : ) for Turkey Trot
2005!
Again, thanks for all the organizing, trail work and great ride - see you next
year!
Thanks, Vicki &  Bruce Warner