[RC] re: Related to competing gaited horses - Peter Harper

Paul,

My wife and I ride out TWH with a Tucker saddles.
Tucker saddles were recommended to me by several
breeders after my mare developed white hairs when she
shed out this past Spring.  Walkers tend to be very
high and sloping in the whithers and need extra room
in the front of the saddle so as not to restrict their
movement.  Since changing to the Tucker the white
hairs have disappeared and we were straight A's on our
last ride.

My wife had gait issues with her gelding in a Western
Saddle built on a QH tree.  In this case the saddle
was putting too much pressure on the top of the
whithers and the saddle skirt was interfering with the
movement in the front.  All this caused him to break
out of gait into a trot very early.  We switched him
to a Tucker Plantation saddle and he improved a lot.
I was amazed at the difference a saddle made to his
gait.

I'm by no means an expert on saddles.  My only
complaint with the Tucker for endurance is the weight.

I'd be interested to hear how a treeless saddle works
for gaited.

Cheers, Pete in TX
While we are on the subject, what kind of saddles to
you gaited
endurance riders use?  Has anybody had success (or
not) with treeless
saddles, e.g. a Bob Marshall?

My wife is in the market for a different saddle.  She
likes the Bob
Marshall she has tried.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail