Re: Re: [RC] Help with kicking leaping bolter - Renie M burnett

Stephanie Hansen is, and has been, the horsetraining instructor at Shasta College near Redding, Ca. for more than 30 years.  She has ridden literally thousands of horses in her lifetime.  Got her college degree at Cal Poly where the students were required to ride race horses and train mustangs.  She has worked for or with Ray Hunt, Monte what's 'is name, Pat Parelli (long before he became famous, ) Clinton Anderson, (before he became expensive) as well as some ol' cowboys up here in North California.  She has ridden in just about every horse discipline there is, including endurance many years ago.  I have seen her climb on the nastiest of beasts and have them calm, quiet and obedient in under 20 minutes, and without running them in a round pen until they're exhausted.  She starts horses for some of the top AQHA breeders in the country, and then the big names take them and finish them for whatever they want.  She competes in reining competitions, and gives lessons and her students are winning all over the place; English, Western, dressage, and yep, even endurance.  This gal rides 10 or more horses a day; her student workers saddle them and she rides them...Stephanie is nearing 50, 5'5" and about 105 Bone-skinny lbs. and horsetrainer supreme.  The down side is she is so busy her waiting list is full a year in advance.  But for soft, awesomely trained horses, she is incredible.  Most are ready to go home to their owners, (if the owners have had some lessons and know a bit) in 30 to 60 days.  Stephanie does Not have a website; so busy, she just doesn't need one!     Renie