Re: [RC] OT-Sudden death - DaNel Resha

Many years ago I had a young Quarter Horse.  The week before his first birthday I went to the farm and almost took photos of him but wanted to wait till his birthday.

The day before his birthday my best friend called me to tell me that Flash was sick.  He had been fine that morning but all of a sudden he was not doing well.  I lived over an hour away.  By the time I got there he was having seziers and it broke my heart to see him that way.

I asked her to go call the vet again.  (the vet saw him at noon but he was not having seziers then)

He died before she got off the phone with them.

I asked about an autopsey.  He said that he must have had a bad heart and refused to give an autopsy.  (needless to say we quit using that vet)

I found out several months later that there was a school in Nashville TN that would have done a complete autopsy for Free.  (They use them to learn on)  I would have loved to know what he died of.

But he had never been sick and it happend within hours of the first symptoms.  Not as quickly as several other people that posted but it was still sad.

DaNel

DaNel Resha
Darswinkle's Delights

www.darswinkles-delights.com  for gift giving needs
www.my.tupperware.com/Darswinkle  for tupperware

Do you Yahoo!?
Meet the all-new My Yahoo! ? Try it today!