Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.2103 airs above ground - Chipnml

This brings back memories of the first full-time horse job I ever had.  The woman had a classically trained Lipizzaner she did demonstrations with.  However, he could be rather explosive at times, leaping into the air and contorting his body. I suppose with more training it would have become a capriole, but really, it was just leaping up and waving his legs around.  She would tell the announcer, "any time he does something strange that doesn't appear on the script, just call it an 'apuyez' and everyone will be impressed." It was just a nonsense word, but now anytime a horse does something weird and airborne, I find myself thinking "apuyez!"

Chip (with fond memories of Maestoso Bonita--"Bones"--who taught me passage, piaffe, and apuyez ;-)  )