Re: [RC] OT Sudden Death - goearth

This has somewhat happened to me twice.  Once hauling a friends horse, and he went into the trailer fine, but came out with a horribly broken leg and had to meet Mr. Ruger.  The trailer did not swerve or have any sudden stops and the horse did not scramble or fall down the owner was in my truck, and they did not hear anything.  The horse was not posted because of the lady owners hysteria.  I did notice a small cut that had pus coming out near the break.  My thoughts would be a bone infection that weakened the bone and the shift in the trailer did it.  I never want to haul someone elses horse again but have been the horse ambulance on a number of rides and still have it the back of my mind that experience.  The second was a sudden death of some sort.  The horse was posted and there was no stomach or heart abnormalities or visable organ failure.  There was only one small mark on the horses head and thats where he hit the ground.  He was skinned to look for bullet holes that may have been missed and there were none.  It was an enigma, never to be known.  He was a wonderful 6 yo who only did one ride.  His name was gm Pogodny, and he at least has a 50 on his AERC record that will live on.  Sometimes that fickle finger of fate, points it finger at straight at you and you can dwell on it, or let it go.  The only horse i ever burnt, and it took 3 days.  tom sites