Re: [RC] Endurance Vs. CTR - Dbeverly4

In a message dated 11/21/2004 5:40:42 PM Pacific Standard Time, bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
My observations of CT show that it doesn't allow pads at all, and I suspect
that equipment like interference boots and Easyboots are not allowed,
either.  Someone with greater experience may know better.  I do know about
the "no pads" rule, at least from 29 years ago, as
Under NATRC rules pads are allowed. Easyboots are allowed (and any boot that doesn't cover above the coronet band).  You can't use splint boots or any kind of leg wrap.

You CAN syringe e-lytes.  You can NOT move forward on the trail off your horse (that doesn't mean that you can't get off and stretch your legs, you just can't mosey down the trail toward "home" unless you're on your horse.  You can use ice to cool your horse's legs (or whatever). You can sponge or throw water bottles on your horse at P&Rs.  Hi Ties or high lining your horse are ok.

Sometimes its amazing to me the "urban legends" that get going with respect to NATRC....its a COOL sport!  It is NOT a rule crazy sport. It is alot of fun.  Do some research and find out what its really about before you make judgments.
NATRC was there at the very beginning of distance riding (as a sport).....Alot of the people who founded NATRC also started the Tevis ride. And alot of NATRC riders have been successful at completing the Tevis. So much so that the Western States BOD allows NATRC Open rides as qualifying rides for Tevis.

Sylvia