Re: [RC] kicking,leaping etc. - MtnRondi

I doubt this is the problem with this particular horse, but I had a horse that would be good as gold, then all of a sudden buck and bolt. This was especially true when starting up a hill. He was green and I thought it just was going to take some miles. Finally a chiropractor told me that his sciatic nerve was being pinched, or something like that, and after a few adjustments and daily massaging of his hind quarters, he stopped behaving like that.

I had another horse that would over-react and kick out at things and bolt sometimes. He eventually got over it and looking back I think he just wasn't "broke" yet and I was asking him to do things that may have been stressful and I wasn't aware of it.

Bonnie
So. Calif.