Re: [RC] Starting an older mare - MtnRondi

In a message dated 11/19/2004 12:55:50 PM Pacific Standard Time, rj7647@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I'm interested in hearing comments from people who have started an older horse under saddle

Years ago I bought a 9 year old Gabilan (one of the last registered ones) daughter that had only been a brood mare. The sellers had put a saddle on her and sat on her and that was about it. She was so easy to train... about 30 days after we got her my kids were riding her bareback with a snaffle bit out in the hills around our house.

Bonnie
So. Calif.