Re: FW: Re: [RC] UAE - Joe Long

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:24:08 -0500, "Howard Bramhall" <howard9732@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

Our riders will most likely go over there in Jan.  They're training right
now, down here in Florida.  They've prepared for this for quite awhile and,
well,  I'm sure they will all be going.  And, with them, they will take the
American Flag.  And, fly it high, in a land where slavery is still
prevalant.
How many more young bodies will continue to be buried in the deserts of UAE
before we actually do anything???  How long will we continue to look the
other way?  How long will we continue to ride alongside and compete with
Slave Traders?  How long will our flag be carried in a land where
young boys are buried, in unmarked graves?  And, nobody seems to care at
all.

cya,
Howard

Howard, there comes a point where continued chest-thumping not only becomes
counterproductive, it just makes you look obsessed.  This issue has been hashed,
re-hashed, and re-re-hashed to death.

The argument about whether the U. S. or its citizens should be engaged with a
regime that's doing something evil, or whether we should refuse to have dealings
with it, is an old one.  It was argued mightily during the Cold War.  Those
arguing for engagement won, and we won the Cold War.

It's easy to climb up on your soapbox and loudly shout to everyone how YOU won't
go, when you had no intention of going in the first place.  Other caring and
concerned people can make a different decision.  That is their decision to make,
it is not for you to make it for them.  And I for one will not think any the
less of those who choose to go and carry our flag, proudly.  Because I
understand that our riders going and carrying our flag are NOT endorsing any
practices of the hosts or host country, outside of the conduct of the event they
are attending.  If that were not so, there would be very few places in this
world where we could go and compete.

--

Joe Long
jlong@xxxxxxxx