[RC] GC shoes - larry Miller

Another positive with ground control shoes.  If your horse paddles or wings, there will be no clipping of the front legs like there is with steel shoes.  Plastic doesn't hurt or cut.  Great success with Maggie who can wing like a trooper.  Also I use a new set of ground control shoes instead of resetting cause a farrier endurance rider felt that new shoes whether steel or plastic would be more evenly balanced instead of a worn shoe.  He has a good point and since I thought my farrier was a trooper for messing with the GC shoes in the first place, I let him do as he wished.  He prefered new shoes each time although he would reset the steel.  Maggie wears GC on the front and steel on the back.  She boogies quite well with this system.  And yes, my farrier files the clinches and had no problems removing the GC shoes.  Jeanie