[RC] Competing Standardbred's in Endurance - Jonni

Carolyn posted>>> I'd like to do a 100 some day, but my current Standardbred is not a 100 mile horse.  Every once and a while I think that I might HAVE to buy an Arab.  Then I took my husband's Arab to a trail ride a few weekends ago, to give the Standardbred some much deserved rest.  I forgot that it was like riding a pogo stick without a brain.  And this guy is 21!  It takes about 5 - 7 miles for his brain to turn on, and by then he has already expended 100 miles worth of energy, most of it being vertical.<<<<

Not all horses are suited for endurance, no matter what the breed. And, not all horses are suited for every rider. You may find a Standardbred that is better suited for your goals than the current one, or you may find an Arabian more suited to you.

Don't ever buy an Arabian because you feel you HAVE to...buy one because you WANT one in your family.

Jonni