Re: [RC] training regression stories - Dyane Smith

I can't help but think that flexibility is the key here.  Clearly, there are horses that do best if you just move them along past scary objects.  On the other hand, my experience (two rat study) is that some horses do much better if they can see the object for a minute or so.  Doesn't mean you reward the spook, just that you encourage looking.  Looking is not the sort of thing that helps a wild horse, of course, but I have been lucky enough to get fairly quickly to the splayed legs, snort stage, by telling them how lucky they are to be able to see such an unusual thing, and so close!

Dyane