Re: [RC] and new behavior now that we are in oregon instead of miami - Vallonelee

In a message dated 11/13/04 4:21:11 PM US Mountain Standard Time, LTYearwood@xxxxxxx writes:
When I try to give him treats, he just stares at the other horses, as if to say: "Gotta keep my eye on them. Can't let them get ahead!"
It could be that since he is feeling insecure in his surroundings that he gets a feeling of security in the other horses (gotta stay with the herd so I don't get eaten by the wolves in them thar Oregon woods :)).   Sounds like he has taken his focus off you and getting security from you at the moment.  I think you are right on track when you say you are going to go back to the 1-2 horse riding groups and go slowly.  Once he feels more comfortable with his surroundings he should return to his "normal" self.

Lee
".......and God sought to bestow upon man a supreme mark of his blessing. God created the horse. The horse could run faster than the deer, jump higher than the goat, and endure longer than the wolf. Man, being encompassed by elements that sought to destroy him, would have been a slave, had the horse not made him king."