Re: [RC] Ideal living locations and first ride since March - Laney

Hi Diane,
Check out Kolob Ranch Estates http://www.kolobranch.com/
It's between St. George and Cedar City. I know some endurance folks who moved there a few months ago and love it.
Laney
Ridecamp Guest wrote:

Please Reply to: Diane Farnsworth dfarnsworth@xxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Like many of you out there, I'm looking for the "ideal" place to live. I'm just now starting to research new areas outside of California to move, but the priorities are reasonable land/housing and access to a lot of trials and endurance rides. I'm one of the fortunate few that is able to take my job with me, so employment is not an issue.

I would like to hear from riders in Southern Utah (Cedar City and outlying areas), Southern Central Oregon, and the Grants Pass area to get their views on these areas. Northern Nevada is also a consideration. Please e-mail me direct so as not to clog up Ridecamp (unless others are interested.) Lori - LTYearwood, if you read this I would like to hear more about your experience with Grants Pass.

dfarnsworth at bak dot rr dot com

On another note - for various reasons I have not been able to ride since last March when I did the Cuyama multi-day. Last Sunday I finally rode out again. It was so great! I expected some fractious behavior from my horse, but he was just perfect. I'm sitting here trying to come up with the words to express how good it felt to be back on my horse after a long break, but all I can come up with is that I hope I never have to take a break from riding again the rest of my life.

I so appreciate having a healthy, sound, good minded horse (even when he doesn't act like he has a mind), and I really apprectiate all of the people that take the time and effort to put on rides. I've only been doing endurance for a short time and just received my 250 mile patch early this past year, but it has become such a big part of my life.

Hope to hear from some of you out-of-state riders.

Diane