Re: [RC] re: Rude Rider - Susan, Princess of Pink

Then there's the time I was on a 55 going down a VERY steep hill behind 4 or 5 other 55-milers.  I was off and walking in front of my horse (yes...stupid of me I know).  Topper kept inching up on me and eventually had his nose on top of my helmet!  I kept telling him to back off but he kept getting closer.  I turn to wack him then saw someone had come up behind us and was SO close the horse's nose was on my saddle!  The rider's comment didn't surprise me, "Would you mind moving over so we can pass?"

Too bad I didn't have these witty comments to chose from!  If that person is reading this, you know I'm talking about you because I didn't have a "witty" comment, did I?  I can't remember exactly what I said but there was a part about taking a trip south and maybe I questioned your parentage.  I'm glad you took me seriously and backed off because I meant every word I said.

I don't expect a great deal from "pleasure" riders.  However, this was WAY beyond safe or nice.  Actually, it was a very good way to get gut stomped.

When someone makes a rude comment like was mentioned previously, I hear my dear Daddy say, "There's ALWAYS one!"  There's always someone who will show his/her rear end.  Count on it and don't be surprised when it happens.  Just smile sweetly and trot on.

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)