Re: [RC] Rude Rider at Lake Oroville - Karen Sullivan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kristi Schaaf" <iluvdez@xxxxxxxxx>

--- Karen Sullivan <greymare56@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would never expect a faster moving rider to have to
slow to my pace, or even have to ask to >pass
...wether on an endurance ride or
horse camping trip....

If most endurance riders really think like this, and
expect others to do so too, no wonder there is the
sterotype among the pleasure riding public that we're
rude speed maniacs. Yes, many of you are in a 'race',
but do you really expect the sea to part just because
you want to go fast?

*Kristi, I think you are misrepresenting what I am saying...I
am saying courtesy works both ways.  Obviously, if you are
riding alone at a certain pace, and somebody pops up behind
you, it is obvious they are going a faster pace...
and that the courteous thing would be to immediately acknowledge
this and make some comment to let them know you are aware
of this and will let them pass when it is safe.

You are taking my comments out of context and I don;'t think anything
I said would leave anyone to believe that I "expect the sea to immediately
part" when I come up behind anyone.  I just said it is common sense
and logic, especially when on an endurance ride.....you know all day
people will be passing, and you will be passing.  It certainly works both
days.

Again, sounds like the original riders in the post were either slightly
rude,
or just clueless.

You may also have pegged me wrong....these days I am one of the slow
pokes. always open to moving off the trail to let folks by.
Karen