[RC] "A Life Remembered" Dr. Marian Molthan - goearth

It is with sadness i pass on that Dr. Marian Molthan, a Pediatric Cardiologist from Laveen, Arizona and 9th place finisher on her Connemara ponies in the GAHR lost her long hard battle with Altzheimers.  Her neice, Shelly Stuart (sstuart at htcomp.net) contacted Larry Lewis for a book and told him the news and hopefully spread the word that there will be a Memorial Service in Phoenix, Arizona on 11 December and all those that knew and Loved her are welcome to attend.  The service is to be a testimony to a strong-willed woman whose devotion to her children and her ponies touched those that knew or were treated by her.  There is so much to say on a subject like Doc... and i can't be there because of a commitment.  The Arizona Republic is doing a story and are asking for those that knew her to contact them for input on her 'Horse Life'.  Her accomplisments in medicine are known to many in the area, but her Endurance Life is something they need help on in regards to the story.  The reporters name is Connie Sexton.  To let those that know not of the Great American Horse Race of 1976, suffice it to say...it changed many a persons life.  It made some relationships and severed others and like any other life altering experience it changed all those that were a part.  I wish i could forward the e-mails from her neice to Larry.  Some of the quotes from Shelly... "Of all she accomplished in her life, the GAHR was where she went back to."  "I took her to the doctor one time and the Dr. told me she had a marvelous imagination because she has been talking about riding across the country... the GAHR book was in the car and I excused myself and got it and suggested that he started taking her 'stories' seriously".  Hope, and anyone in that part of the world, spread the word that this will be a really good gathering for a really good Lady.  And, if you have photos of her 'horse life' or stories to tell, please contact the newspaper.  She proved that ponies could DO Endurance. tom sites