Re: [RC] [RC] Running with your horse - Susan, Princess of Pink

Actually, the rules don't say one way or the other.  Weight DIVISIONS are computed with rider and tack.  Under best conditions, it says the ride manager determines the weight and time.  Of course, that's just simple calculation based upon the timer and scale.

The ride manager does have say in this matter.  While I don't care if a person runs the entire way with the horse, I do think it's inappropriate for the "runner" to be weighed with the tack if the horse didn't carry the person's weight.

One way around all of this is to have posted in the ride flyer that to be considered for best condition, the horse must carry the RIDER 90% of the time (or what ever % management deems appropriate) and that the rider will be weighed immediately upon completition.